2.20.2009

absence

zeus

hi friends,
my absence this week from the blog is a mixture of things, some of you may already know but i had to loose a family member at the beginning of the week. my childhood dog zeus, whom i raised and loved so much, unexpectedly became ill and passed. he lived a long life of 13 years and was the best mate anyone could of ever hoped to have. we just lost his brother less then a year ago but now it's nice to know that they are both back together in puppy heaven causing a ruckus!

about a day after zeus passed i became ill with a virus which really sucks to have when your pregnant. so it's pretty much been meds + bed + water for about a week. today i'm finally feeling like it's all passing so i just wanted to let you know that things are okay and that i will be back to my regular posting come monday.....HAPPY things at that! for now it's back to my bed. ta ta

17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that. feel better and take your time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love to you, friend. Thinking of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{hugs}} for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Nicole, I have a labrador as well, so your story makes me teary eyed! I hope you and the family are doing okay, I know what a huge hole must be left!
    and take care of yourself, glad to hear you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, I understand what your going through with your puppy...I just put my Welsh Corgi down last monday (2-9)....hugs!! Glad to hear your better too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your friend and companion. Please know you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truely know how you feel with your childhood dog. Mine passed in November and while I'm living away from home while i attend college i didn't even know until two days later. And it warms my heart to hear you refer to him as "family" because that's how i felt as well.

    I hope you feel better my dear. FLUIDS FLUIDS FLUIDS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am so sorry. the loss of a pet is a horrible, horrible feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be well! I'm sorry to hear about Zeus..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better soon! And I am sorry to hear about your pup - that is so sad :[

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so sorry to hear of your dog's passing - he's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear about Zeus. I know how very painful this can be, but I also know how much good memories can warm your heart. I hope you're feeling a bit better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your dog.
    I also hope you are feeling a bit better already! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so, so sorry to hear of Zeus's passing. Dogs are such an important part of our lives. I hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry. I sympathize greatly. We lost our beloved lab 3 years ago and now have a yellow lab that we treasure. Just remember, Life is a series of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear about Zeus. And also your sickness. I wish you the best of health to keep you on your toes up to your baby's birth! I can't wait to see photo updates! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails