2.25.2009

new take on Rorschach

L. filipe dos santos

L. filipe dos santos

L. filipe dos santos

I remember when i was little i used to play this game with my dad where he would draw a simple shape on a piece of paper and i had take that shape and illustrate something with it. i guess you could say it was almost a watered down version of the rorschach test. When i saw these beautifully stated illustrations by L. Filipe dos Santos, it totally brought me back to that time in my life where i think now it really was a great thing to be doing to keep my young mind sharp. There is more of dos Santos' beautiful work here.

7 comments:

  1. These are great! I have to try this.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally in love with these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever this is! Will have to try this out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous idea. I've been thinking about inkblots as art lately, and I totally want to try this approach!

    My dad and I played a similar game, too. He would draw three random lines (straight, squiggly, whatever) and I'd have to find a way to connect them all into one image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been seeing this on the blogosphere, I saw a great editorial layout from a 1960s design annual, maybe I will have to post it over at my blog to share the rorschach love!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails