11.01.2010

Announcing the 5th Annual Holiday Ornament Swap




Welcome to the 5th Annual Holiday Ornament Swap hosted by freshlyblended! You'll be happy to know that the swap has gone back to it's original format. Every group will be organized with care and the you will once again be able to swap within your own groups. Please read the sign up rules accordingly so that we can have a highly organized swap! Today is the beginning of our week long sign ups, the sign up window will close on Sunday November 7th.
The guidelines are simple:
1. Sign up for the swap by sending an email with the following information to holidayswap10@gmail.com
- NAME
- FULL MAILING ADDRESS
- EMAIL
- your website or blog (only one site please)

2. On November 15th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses of 8-10 other swap participants to send your ornaments to.

3. Design a handmade ornament that you can create multiples of and make your ornaments.

4. Package your ornaments well...especially if you create anything fragile.

5. Send one of your ornaments to each person on the list of 8-10 other swap participants in your group by December 10th.

6. Sit back, relax and wait as you receive 8-10 fabulous handcrafted ornaments in the mail!

 If you would like to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive, please do so in the swap flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1530273@N20/  You will need a flickr account to upload photos. A flickr account is free and easy to set up. We will be choosing photos from the group at random through out the holiday season on freshlyblended.

****A note on international shipping****
This year we will have the ability again to specify how many international addresses you will get, we will do our best to make it as equal as possible but please understand that we do get a larger amount of US swappers every year, so please plan for that. If you package your ornaments accordingly, shipping prices really aren't that much different considering the weight of your ornament. Be sure to read your countries shipping policies as well.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Common questions we answered just for you!

What sort of materials can be used?
~Anything! Knit, sew, letterpress, gocco, paint, draw, sculpt, glaze, cut-out, glue, weave, blow glass, weld...go nuts. Please note that certain countries have restrictions as far as importing grains, beans, or other like materials, so please take that into consideration if you are making ornaments to ship internationally. 

Who are the other people I'll be swapping with?
~The other people on the swap list you receive on November 15th.

Will my address be on the internet anywhere?
~No. The only people who will receive your address are the people you are swapping with.

What about shipping costs?
~You are responsible for shipping costs for your ornaments...just as others are paying to ship ornaments to you.

Other questions? Email holidayswap10@gmail.com


HAPPY SWAPPING TO ALL!











18 comments:

  1. Huzzah! Let the crafting begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made ornaments in some time (used to do the craft show thing). I'm inspired to get back to creating something wonderful and getting beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are doing this again as I have enjoyed taking part in the last 4, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I'm so definitely in again. This is the only swap I do, and like Josie Allen, I've gotten to participate in all of them so far! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited! Can't wait! I've already started on my ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just sent in my request - the very last day. Nothing like skating in at the last moment. I'm excited to start crafting :)

    Kristin _ The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna - gypsyart1@earthlink.netNovember 08, 2010 9:44 PM

    I am so sad I missed the sign up window -- I just saw the info about this swap when I went to the Modish Blog :( Hopefully I can join next year !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my--I came across the archived swaps on Swap-Bot today, hunted you down, and was just typing out my request when I saw the sign-up had already passed! Sad panda. :( Hope I'll catch it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I waiting for it to be on Swap-Bot everyday I checked, so I guess I'm too late now. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boo! I missed it :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just wanted to say that I have had the best time with my group (11) - the ornaments have been delightful and the creativity has been outstanding! I'm so glad I found this swap!! Thank you!

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails