Welcome to the 5th Annual Holiday Ornament Swap hosted by freshlyblended! You'll be happy to know that the swap has gone back to it's original format. Every group will be organized with care and the you will once again be able to swap within your own groups. Please read the sign up rules accordingly so that we can have a highly organized swap! Today is the beginning of our week long sign ups, the sign up window will close on Sunday November 7th.
The guidelines are simple:
1. Sign up for the swap by sending an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- FULL MAILING ADDRESS
- your website or blog (only one site please)
2. On November 15th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses of 8-10 other swap participants to send your ornaments to.
3. Design a handmade ornament that you can create multiples of and make your ornaments.
4. Package your ornaments well...especially if you create anything fragile.
5. Send one of your ornaments to each person on the list of 8-10 other swap participants in your group by December 10th.
6. Sit back, relax and wait as you receive 8-10 fabulous handcrafted ornaments in the mail!
If you would like to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive, please do so in the swap flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1530273@N20/ You will need a flickr account to upload photos. A flickr account is free and easy to set up. We will be choosing photos from the group at random through out the holiday season on freshlyblended.
What sort of materials can be used?
~Anything! Knit, sew, letterpress, gocco, paint, draw, sculpt, glaze, cut-out, glue, weave, blow glass, weld...go nuts. Please note that certain countries have restrictions as far as importing grains, beans, or other like materials, so please take that into consideration if you are making ornaments to ship internationally.
Who are the other people I'll be swapping with?
~The other people on the swap list you receive on November 15th.
Will my address be on the internet anywhere?
~No. The only people who will receive your address are the people you are swapping with.
What about shipping costs?
~You are responsible for shipping costs for your ornaments...just as others are paying to ship ornaments to you.
Other questions? Email email@example.com
HAPPY SWAPPING TO ALL!