6.10.2010

blank canvases

Funny how yesturday I went wild and out about color and now I'm sharing my love for starkness with you....I am a big fan of color and I am a big fan of white and often times I struggle with just the right balance between the two when I'm in the decorating mindset. The simple shapes and clean white lines of Scandinavian design will always be the closest to my heart, I mean there is nothing more timeless and "trend free" then that, right? So to pay homage to those wonderful blank silhouettes I adore so much, here are some really great inspirational accessories to play around with. Don't forget, COLOR IS GOOD, a touch here and a touch there.....

blank canvases
Ball clock George Nelson $576, Quasi Modo Modern Furniture. Side table Gino Carollo Vanity for Bonaldo $480, OneTwenty Modern. Coffeepot Kaico enamelled $105, Cookie tray Stine Sandwell $148, Mjolk.
(photo by Edward Pond via styleathome.com)

blank canvases
Jewelry stand iron dollhouse chairs $78, Urban Outfitters.
(photo by Edward Pond via styleathome.com)

blank canvases
Floating shelves Kole lacquered $48 each, The Home Depot. Child's rocking chair moulded fibreglass $255, Hourglass $49, Vase ceramic $35, Elte. Jewelry trees metal $24 (top shelf), $20 (bottom shelf); Drinking glass Swirl $10; Urban Outfitters. Sphere shell $8, Shell Murex Ramos $16, West Elm. Glove mould porcelain $16, L’Atelier. Frame Ribba $10, IKEA. Votive holder Jennifer Graham stamped $40, Hollace Cluny. Birdcage $45, Accents de Ville.
(photo by Edward Pond via styleathome.com)

blank canvases
Lamp KleinReid Aubry porcelain $385, Stool Kosoy & Bouchard pressed ceramic $1,600, Hollace Cluny. Vase raised lace pattern $20, HomeSense.
(photo by Edward Pond via styleathome.com)


2 comments:

  1. You know, white can be so refreshing and clean when left to it's own devices. I love the still life sets you picked! Lovely!

    ~ Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love of white is legendary and at times a source of teasing from my family. I not only love to wear white (even in winter) but also use it my designs. It is so clean and fresh. I'm glad there is someone else out there that shares my love. That KleinReid Aubry porcelain lamp is spectacular. Great fine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails