The 3rd Annual Holiday Ornament Swap
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Holiday Ornament Swap hosted by cake & pie and freshlyblended! The swap has gotten so big that we had to move to a new venue this year. The basic idea of the swap is the same but a few rules may have changed so please read the following guidelines...
1. Sign-up for the swap by creating an account at swap-bot. The process is very quick and easy, (and free.) Sign-ups run from November 1st through November 10th.
2. On November 12th you'll receive an email from us containing the addresses of 8-10 other swap participants to send your ornaments to.
3. Design a handmade ornament that you can create multiples of and make your ornaments.
4. Package your ornaments well...especially if you create anything fragile.
5. Send one of your ornaments to each person on your list of 8-10 other swap participants by December 10th.
6. Sit back, relax, and wait as you receive 8-10 fabulous handcrafted ornaments in the mail!
7. If you would like to share photos of the ornaments you make and receive you can do that right on swap-bot. How convenient!
A note on international shipping... This year we do not have the ability to specify how many international addresses each swapper will get, so please plan for that. We also do not have the ability to create domestic U.S.-only swap groups as we have in previous years. If you create lightweight ornaments, that can be shipped in a padded envelope or small lightweight box, shipping prices really are not that much more international, but we encourage everyone to check with their local post office about shipping rates, or even bring your ornament to the post office to be weighed, if you are concerned about postal costs.
Happy Swapping Everyone!
Labels: holidayornament swap 08