7.10.2008

botony in print

one of my main inspirations in design is the study of botany. I have a soft spot for organic lines and shapes but i also obsess over structure. nature gives us both at its best. i feel like it's almost a metaphor in that, nature repeats it's self like design, but it's always reoccurs (or grows) in a slightly different way. (was that to deep?) anywho, today i've chosen some favorite related works that make me swoon.


maramiki

maramiki2
both gorgeous, from maramiki.

satsumalynn2

satsumalynn
letterpress from satsuma press

moontea2


beautiful linen prints from moontea artwork





love the boldness in alison tuber's prints

6 comments:

  1. I love the organic shapes, they are so simple and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lynn's work at Satsuma Press and I also featured moontea's work on my blog. lovely collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have an affection for botanicals as well, but i always struggle with how to incorporate them into my own work.
    these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you for giving me my daily dose of letterpress and screenprinted goodness. Beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection of natural prints. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails